HEYbaby furniture is made of naturally renewable rattan (rattan palm). Rattan gathering and weaving is a multi-generational tradition among a large part of Indonesian families (often constituting their main source of income), living in areas with abundant rainforests (e.g. Borneo Island).
This noble material (with a natural dye) is valued not only for its aesthetic qualities, but also for its very high durability in relation to its low weight.
Instead of getting rid of whole trees, the vines themselves are cut, and long, slender stalks grow back very quickly after harvest. Thanks to this, rattan is a 100% ecological raw material.
After harvesting, the rattan stalks are cleaned and stripped of the topcoat and cut into smaller pieces. The next step in their processing is heating and bending to the desired shape (depending on the type of furniture). Then, a construction is built, connected with staples or nails, around which the tedious process of weaving can begin. When it is finished, all that is left is to braid the joints with strips of rattan - it adds adequate strength to the structure, fulfills a decorative function and covers any staples, nails or glue. The culmination of the entire work is the protection of the furniture with certified varnish * and the cosmetics of any imperfections.
* The furniture is secured with a certified water-based varnish that meets the European safety requirements for toys (ASTM F 963 - 03 and EN71 - 3 standards)
- Furniture should always be used in accordance with its intended use.
- They are intended (depending on the model) for children up to 12 years old and weighing up to max. 80kg.
- Furniture is handcrafted and retains the natural features and structure of the original material, and slight differences in product finish, color or structure are unavoidable and are not a defect of the furniture. These differences confirm the natural origin of the product and make them unique.
- Due to the nature of the raw material and completely hand-made, it is permissible to have natural hollows and thickenings on the surface. The presence of natural cracks does not weaken the structure of the furniture in any way.
- It is a natural product, intended for indoor use (do not expose it to the air when it is exposed to sunlight or other weather conditions).
- Do not place hot dishes on the surface of the furniture, avoid contact of the furniture elements with water or liquids of another origin (any spilled liquids should be removed immediately with a soft cloth or paper towel, and the place of spillage should be dried).
- Do not place closer than 1 m from a heat source (e.g. a radiator).
- Before using the furniture, inspect it and check the bindings and joints.
- Despite its low weight, the furniture should be carried without additional load, grasping the thick rattan stalks, and not its thin rattan fibers (moving the furniture may damage it).
- As a result of transport, some delicate, movable elements of the furniture (e.g. ears of a wall giraffe, ears of an elephant, deer antlers) may be deformed or deviated. Such an element should be carefully bent back to its original position.
- Due to the use of very fine rattan fibers in some of our furniture (e.g. wall decorations), we recommend that you handle them very gently.
- General, systematic care of the furniture should consist of gently wiping it with a slightly damp, soft cloth and immediately drying it with a soft, dry cloth. Stains and coarse dirt should be removed immediately with a soft, flannel cloth.
- Some of our furniture come with mattresses, the cover of which is made of hand-woven 100% cotton. We recommend washing the mattress cover at 60 degrees.
- Some pieces of furniture consist of two or more parts and require assembly with screws (included with the furniture, in the mattress).
Smaller items are sent by courier, secured with corrugated cardboard and packed in a cardboard box. Information about the cost of delivery will be taken into account when placing the order, usually it is 20 or 40 PLN. Larger shipments are secured with corrugated cardboard and additionally with stretch foil (if required). They are commissioned to a selected courier company that carries out this type of transport (eg DTS Transport or via clicktrans.pl), the cost of such shipment in Poland, depending on the size, ranges from 100 to 150 PLN. This amount will be taken into account when placing the order. For orders over PLN 2.5 thousand. shipping costs are free.
There is a possibility of shipping abroad, and the costs of such shipping may range between 90 and 900 PLN. Shipping processing time may take up to 3 weeks.
The website uses the 'Polskie ePłatności' platform. We accept card payments:Visa, Maestro, Mastercard. Possibility of PayByLink and BLIK payments.
The right to withdraw from the contract
You have the right to withdraw from the contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the date of delivery of the goods. To exercise the right to withdraw from the contract, you must inform us of your decision to withdraw from this contract by an unequivocal statement, for example to the e-mail address hey @ heybaby. com.pl.
In the event of exercising the right to withdraw from the contract, the costs of return shipping are borne by the buyer.
More information on the right to withdraw from the contract and complaints can be found in the store regulations.
All inquiries are welcome and we will do our best to answer them at your satisfaction. Please send your questions to email@example.com . We are at your disposal from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm CET
Zuzia and Maciej HEYbaby